April 9, 2020 Maundy Thursday
I just returned home from Donald Hall’s graveside service – a melancholy time on a cold and rainy day. Here’s a copy of Donald’s obituary:
Donald Barnes Hall, 86, of Pinehurst Beach, Wareham, passed away on Friday April 3, 2020 at the Nemasket Health Care Center in Middleborough, MA. Mr. Hall was born in Middleborough, the son of the late Henry L. and Helen (Barnes) Hall.
Mr. Hall was a 1953 graduate of Wareham High School. He received his BA from Boston University and a Master’s in Education from the University of New Mexico. He was a U.S. Army veteran attaining the rank of Specialist 4 and honorably discharged in 1963. Mr. Hall taught Spanish and Social Studies. He taught at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, TX, Carroll College in Helena, Montana and Furman University in Greenville, SC. He was also a Case Manager with the Department of Transitional Assistance for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. He was a long time and much loved member of the First Congregational Church in Wareham and he also enjoyed traveling and time spent with family and friends.
Mr. Hall is survived by his nephew Benjamin W. Fearing of Rochester, MA and his close friends Richard Cotton and his wife Jan and Paul Sheehan. He was the brother of the late Barbara Coville and Natalie Fearing who passed away on March 28, 2020. He was also the uncle of the late David Coville.
His funeral will be private and burial will be in South Middleborough Cemetery. To leave a message of condolence for the family please visit http://www.warehamvillagefuneralhome.com. Memorial gifts may be made to the First Congregational Church 11 Gibbs Ave. Wareham.
More tomorrow, Virginia
Many thanks to those of you who have sent your pledge into the church. Our expenses continue, so we really appreciate your efforts to help us pay our bills. Checks may be mailed to the church at 5 Gibbs Avenue, Wareham MA 02571.
Today 2pm Memorial Service for Donald Hall, via Zoom
Want to add a concern or joy to the list? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- from Elaine Johnson: Please add my sister Janice to the prayer list. She fell and has a small brain bleed and concussion and severed her ear which needed to be stitched back into place. She is home recovering. (4/9)
- Prayers for all who work in the medical field as they deal with this crisis. (4/7)
- from Nancy MacNeill, prayers for her cousin Pam Bergeron
- from Lydia Sherman: Please add Carrie Andrews to the prayer list. She’s the cousin to my nephew Christopher’s wife… She currently is on life-support and is only in her 30’s.
- Steve Chanona’s daughter Annie, who is in Florida, has the COVID-19 virus. Keep her and Steve in your prayers.
- Good news! Ron and Mary Westgate report that Michael Layman, who had the COVID-19 virus is now home and doing well, though still quarantined. Thanks for your prayers!