April 26, 2020
It was great to see the check-ins from Wareham folks on the Old South worship livestream. Wasn’t it interesting to see Old South receive a “Green Church” award? It made me wonder just what we’d have to do to get an award. Here’s the list, what do you think? I bet we could create a customized list for our congregation. I’m wondering what we can learn from our sojourn, worshipping with another church.
Click to access Green+Congregation+Challenge_brochure_September2019.pdf
Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, but what does that mean when all the other days seem to be without structure. One day seems to slide into another. It’s good to have worship to attend on Sunday, to give us some structure. Instead of a “day of rest”, maybe right now it’d be better to think of Sunday as the day of “attention” – attention to God, time to sort out the truly important from the daily stream of this, that and the other thing.
For your singing pleasure, listen to this lovely rendition of “The Road Home” by the Boy and Girl Choristers of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church WashDC
Easter blessings, Pastor Virginia
ON THE CALENDAR
Wednesday at 1pm Tea with the Pastor, via Zoom. Email me for an invitation.
Wednesday at 7pm Weekly Church Council check-in. Invitations go out Wednesday am. If you know something that should be discussed, email Pastor Virginia or any Council member.
Every month the Thrift Shop is closed, we lose about $1000 in income to run the church. If you could send in additional money this month, we’d really appreciate it. All our staff is still on the payroll, we still have utility bills. Your gifts make it possible for us to continue. Checks may be mailed to the church at 5 Gibbs Avenue, Wareham MA 02571.
NEED SHOPPING HELP? Nancy MacNeill reports that her two granddaughters are offering to do shopping for anyone who can’t get out. Just contact Nancy at 508-280-3716 or <email@example.com
Want to add a concern or joy to the list? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prayers for those who mourn this day, especially all of us missing Donald Hall.
- from Michele Sabourin: 2 workers and 1 resident at her mom’s nursing home (Southpointe Nursing Home) have tested positive. Today (Saturday) the National Guard is coming to test everyone. Keep them all in your prayers.
- UPDATE: Wareham Week Today reports that now over 30 people at Tremont Rehab, more than half of all who have COVID 19 in Wareham! Keep the folks at Tremont in your prayers.
- Nancy MacNeill notes that one of the people working at Tremont is Tammy, who’s renting our parsonage. Let’s keep Tammy in our prayers through this time.
- School is closed for the rest of the school year. Remember teachers, parents and children in this stressful time.
- from Susan Ryan: Lori Benson reports that Tim has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, but is asymptomatic. Please keep Tim and Lori in your prayers.
- from Oonagh Brault: please add my sister-in-law, Kathy, and her father, Jim, to the prayer list. Jim was diagnosed with COVID-19. He is now on hospice care. Kathy is suffering because she cannot be with her father during this trying time.
- from Elaine Johnson: (Elaine reports Janice is better, but still needs our prayers) Please add my sister Janice to the prayer list. She fell and has a small brain bleed and concussion and severed her ear which needed to be stitched back into place. She is home recovering.
- Prayers for all who work in the medical field as they deal with this crisis.
- from Nancy MacNeill, prayers for her cousin Pam Bergeron who is fighting lung cancer.
- from Lydia Sherman: Please add Carrie Andrews to the prayer list. She’s the cousin to my nephew Christopher’s wife… She currently is on life-support and is only in her 30’s.